|Descriptions and order information|
- Item# IDL
- ISBN13: 978-0-942679-25-0
- ISBN: 0-942679-25-3
- Copyright 2001
- 96 pp.
- Form: Paperback, Trade paperback (US)
- Price: $8.75
Back to Books Selection Page
I Died Laughing
Funeral Education with a Light Touch
This is a very funny book, even though it also includes some serious consumer information. Lisa Carlson has collected cartoons, jokes, funny quotations, humorous last words, and a wide range of other old and new material. As the advice columnist Dear Abby remarked, "This book proves that dying can be a laughing matter." At the end of each section, Carlson has a page or two of information and advice for those who may someday have the job of arranging a funeral for a friend or relative, or who may be contemplating the arrangements they prefer when they die.
Carlson is executive director of Funeral Consumers Alliance, the national nonprofit group that helps consumers to hold down funeral costs and avoid being taken advantage of at a vulnerable time in life. Half the profits from sale of the book will be contributed to the work of FCA. Several well-known cartoonists and illustrators made their work available in support of this cause: these include P.S. Mueller, Rina Picccolo, and the estate of Edward Gorey.
With this book, you can have a good laugh, learn something in process, and support good cause at the same timeall for just $8.75! At this price, you may want to buy several copies to share with your friends and relatives.
What People are Saying
- "This book proves that dying can be a laughing matter."
Advice Columnist Dear Abby
- "Few people find humor in death. But Carlson valiantly laughs in its face, giving those planning for the inevitable a refreshing spin on death and funerals. This icebreaker of a book aims to ease the taboo, and to help people such as aging parents broach the topic with loved ones. The book blends seriously useful funeral information with deliciously witty jokes, anecdotes, cartoons and quotes. For some readers, Carlson's humorous yet accurate presentation of funeral information will be perfect packaging."
- "Death be not proud, but at least you can laugh at it."
John Wasik, Senior Editor, Consumers Digest
- "For a fancier of wit, it is refreshing, and assuages fear and mysteries of death."
Ron Hast, Publisher, Mortuary Management and Funeral Monitor
- "Consumers and professionals will both enjoy some great information."
John McDonough, Founder, Funeral Service Professionals Association