This is a complete manual for homeowners. When things go wrong, or when you are ready to remodel, you need expert advice. Henri de Marne is one of America’s best known and most trusted experts, who has answered just about every question a homeowner can face. For example:
- What is the green stuff growing on my roof?
- Why does my basement stay damp?
- How can I get rid of carpenter bees?
- Can I paint my basement floor?
- What can I do about the rust stains on my driveway?
- Which heating and cooling systems are most efficient?
- How can I scrub the little black spots off of my vinyl siding?
- Does the asbestos on my pipes put my family in danger?
- Why do my plumbing pipes make a banging sound?
- Why do cracks appear between my walls and ceiling every winter?
Those are just a few of the thousands of questions Henri de Marne has addressed in his syndicated newspaper column, First Aid for the Ailing House. With this book, you can find the answers whenever you need them.De Marne has updated all the answers for this book, to reflect the latest in research, materials, methods, concerns, and tastes. The result is a comprehensive manual for today’s homeowners, a ready reference to consult whenever things go wrong or improvements are planned.